The success of Boskalis is the sum of a unique combination of people, equipment, activities, and the constant drive to innovate.Website
International Finance Internship – Project Controls
The success of Boskalis is the sum of a unique combination of people, equipment, activities, and the constant drive to innovate. However, success can only be achieved with reliable financial information. So, it will come as no surprise that a complex finance organization is active behind the scenes in international, capital-intensive, listed companies like Boskalis. Your work will contribute to the greatest precision and enthusiasm on the financial report that are used for internal and external purposes. The insights and analyses of you and your co-workers ensure that we are able to make the right decisions. This creates room for investments and for the further expansion of our company.
Boskalis carries out large projects all over the world, from Oman to Brazil, from Mexico to Russia. Recently, we released the Ever Given vessel that was stuck in the Suez Canal and we started the biggest land reclamation work in the history of our company with the land development design and construction of the Manila International Airport (MIA) in the Philippines. These projects cannot be realized without reliable financial information.
As a Project Controls intern you will, together with your colleagues, take care of an up-to-date and accurate translation of the financial state of affairs. Your efforts assist effective management and decision making and are therefore critical to achieving successful project outcomes. A challenging task! Together with the Project Controller on the project site abroad, who will guide you throughout your internship, you are responsible for the project administration.
Your responsibilities as a Project Controls intern at the Division Control department:
- Look after the financial reporting of the project.
- Being involved with fiscal and contracting affairs, treasury and insurances.
You can make your mark as a Project Controls intern if you are/have:
- A University of Applied Sciences (hbo) student in Finance & Control, International Business Administration or similar, with demonstrable interest in Project Controls. For example, by having followed relevant Financial courses (Electives/Minor), by a position as Treasurer with your study association and/or through a part-time job with Financial tasks.
- Enrolled for a University of Applied Sciences Program within the Netherlands, throughout the duration of your internship.
- Willing to make long hours, travel and be located at a project site abroad. Shortly before the start of the internship more information will be available concerning the project you will be allocated to.
- Available for a period of 11-12 weeks, working 12 hours a day and 6 days a week (totals 800 hours = a 20-week internship when working 40 hours a week) during the study year 2021-2022.
- Affinity with the Marine Industry.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- A professional attitude, as well as an entrepreneurial and team player spirit.
- Good knowledge of the English language, both written and spoken.
Working at Boskalis is about creating new horizons and sustainable solutions. In a world where population growth, an increase of global trade, demand for (new) energy and climate change are driving forces, we challenge you to make your mark in finding innovative and relevant solutions for complex infrastructural and marine projects.
Within a vibrant company culture, you will be working as part of a diverse, international team of experts. We offer you the opportunity to realize your full personal potential and expand your professional career by creating new horizons. Together!
What you can expect
- Money and more: Besides internship compensation you will get a great deal of responsibility.
- Providing the necessities: We will provide you with all the information you need and take care of necessities like the journey to and from the project site, accommodation, (reimbursement of) meals and required vaccinations.
- Young Boskalis: This is a platform created for and by the Young Boskalis generation, meaning all colleagues up to 35 years. The Young Boskalis Board focus is to represent young employees and look after their integration into the Boskalis family across the various divisions. Young Boskalis organizes various on- and offline activities, both formal and informal.
Want to know more?
We are more than happy to answer your questions about the position of Project Controls intern within the Boskalis Division Control team. Please, get in touch with the responsible Recruiter.
Interested? Please apply at your earliest convenience by filling in your details and by uploading your motivation letter and CV on our careers site. Make sure to explain in your motivation letter 1. why you would like to work as a Project Controls intern at Boskalis, and 2. what makes you fit for the job.
Disclaimer for recruitment and selection agencies
We don’t accept any unsolicited applications or CVs from recruitment and selection agencies. In general, we don’t appreciate acquisition and this also applies to Boskalis colleagues or associated Boskalis companies.